It is down right pitiful to listen to people like Gov. Sanford (R-SC) tell his constituents that he sends his prayers, while the people are bleeding. I don’t know which stupid republican thought that now is the time to start campaigning for the presidency of 2012, but they were wrong.
The suffering of the people is taking place now, in every state. This game of the republicans dedicated to proving they have relevancy can only be labeled as anti-American. I thank my lucky stars that I do not live in SC or LA where the presidential aspiration of being the perfect GOP ass reigns.
I don’t see this crap withstanding the test of time. There will have to be some caving if Sanford or Jindal expect to be Governors in 2010. The people’s tolerance will not stand for too much more of this nonsense. This is nothing but worthless sound bites anyway; especially, since we all know the State can overrule the governors and accept the money anyway. How will that look? Like mud in the face of both Sanford and Jindal.
Go Republicans bitches, go.
Gov. Huntsman decided to let a little honesty blow out from the usual republican’s hot air (filled with lies) balloon. It’s been 35 days since Obama became our president and the quackery has got to stop. This full court press of nonsense is making the republican’s even less than marginal (crazy land is more or less what they are). It is greatly appreciated to listen to some form of sanity coming from the republican party. I hope a few of them join reality and start seeing reason. This is not a democrat versus republican problem, this is a United States problem. I can only wonder if some of them really think they can get re-elected with their current game playing obstructionist way? I know their sheep is dumb, but sorry the sheep is marginal too.
We are still in the twilight zone when it comes to Republican logic. I guess if we all came from another planet then what Bristol Palin had to say about abstinence would be alien. But we are not aliens and we heard her clearly. She very explicitly said that abstinence is not realistic means for keeping teens from getting pregnant.
So why are these loons pretending Bristol said something else? I’m having a hard time believing even the wing nuts are listening to this nonsense. How could they? Are the wing nuts retarded?
Are these fools coming from la la land with this whole premise? She suggested people wait because abstinence does not work and the reality is that if I, would I is all that is left after having a baby.
Go Republicans go, you are so winning the war on failure.
At least we finally have a democrat bringing attention to the scum of the earths quackery. This is just appalling the games that the scum wants to play. We need to take care of the housing problem, why didn’t they do that when Bush was in office? They ignored it then but now it’s a problem? It was a problem over a year ago. It was a problem before that and Bush and the scum of the earth did nothing. But they did get together in 2001 and vote on a $1.35 trillion tax cut package for Bush and they had no problem doing so. Before any of you sheep start off with your the democrats nonsense, at that time the senate, the house as well as the white house was ruled by the scum of the earth.
Well more lies from the scum of the earth (see previous post for this new republican title). I guess Rove has lost his phone book and no longer speaks with the other scum of the earth republicans since I know for a fact that Sen. John McCain offered a bill in the senate that was all tax cuts and Sen. Jim DeMint offered up his version that was another bill filled with nothing but tax cuts and would be totally ineffective at creating any jobs.
Boy this scum just keeps creeping from the sewer, only this time they have opened up a flood gate of their disgusting bile.
This is why I call the republicans Liars, Jackals and Bull Shit Artist. Not a one of those bastard had a problem with Bush’s $1.35 trillion tax cut in 2001. Oh no, that amount for big business was very appropriate. I have now decided to demote the republicans from their current standing in my view to the title of “Scum of the Earth.” That is so where they belong.
See Chart Below (compliments of ThinkProgress.Org)
|Cost of package:||$1.35 trillion||$900 billion|
|Percent of Population Living In Poverty:||12.7%||17%|
|Americans Relying On Food Stamps:||17 million||Over 30 million|
Kyl: “I was there when the president signed into law the tax cut. … [I]f that isn’t one of the best things we can do to get this economy going again, then it seems to me that the American people might well lose confidence in what we’re doing, which would be the worst thing to do for the economy.” [Finance Committee Hearing, 10/3/2009]
Ensign: “Well, I don’t know that we’re going to get to the — you know, the total $1.3 trillion tax cut. I do think the tax cuts are necessary right now.” [CNN, 1/3/01]
Graham thought the cuts were so effective he wanted to make them permanent. But the tax cuts they championed proved to be extremely ineffective, leading to the slowest period of economic growth in decades.
It seems that Washington is determine to keep marching to their own orders with total disregard towards the needs of the people. I am being inclusive of republicans and blue dog democrats.
President Obama really needs our help. We can not have Washington believing it will be business as usual. The republicans have been defeated and their corrupt way has lead us to the brink of disaster.
We must organize and take it back to the street. They can no longer be allowed to believe we believe in their decisions. It is time for us to make plans and gather together with signs of protect and take our protest to Washington, state capitals and every mayors office. The time of writing letters, making phone calls and writing the media about politicians is done. We have a media that gives our plight no real recognition so why bother. They are not on our side. They have become Washington insiders.
We can no longer sit back and wait to see if Washington will get it. After the ridiculousness of the stimulus I no longer want a bunch of idiots dictating what will be done with my money.
We need jobs, not freaking tax cuts. We needed for the larger part of the stimulus to go towards generating jobs and save us money in the long term. But, after seeing all that had been cut and what had been reduced to appease some tax cut junkies I no longer trust them to make a decision on my behalf. I think major corporations have gotten all they need to get right now. It’s time for the people to get something for our damn money.
• $3.5 billion for energy-efficient federal buildings (original bill $7 billion)
• $75 million from Smithsonian (original bill $150 million)
• $200 million from Environmental Protection Agency Superfund (original bill $800 million)
• $100 million from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (original bill $427 million)
• $100 million from law enforcement wireless (original bill $200 million)
• $300 million from federal fleet of hybrid vehicles (original bill $600 million)
• $100 million from FBI construction (original bill $400 million)
Of course all of the above was just too wasteful spending. Of course all of those items would have created a job for someone. But people don’t need jobs, we need small tax cuts for us but plenty of tax cuts for major corporations. Bull shit.
• $55 million for historic preservation
• $122 million for Coast Guard polar icebreaker/cutters
• $100 million for Farm Service Agency modernization
• $50 million for Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service
• $65 million for watershed rehabilitation
• $100 million for distance learning
• $98 million for school nutrition
• $50 million for aquaculture
• $2 billion for broadband
• $100 million for National Institute of Standards and Technology
• $50 million for detention trustee
• $25 million for Marshalls Construction
• $300 million for federal prisons
• $300 million for BYRNE Formula grant program
• $140 million for BYRNE Competitive grant program
• $10 million state and local law enforcement
• $50 million for NASA
• $50 million for aeronautics
• $50 million for exploration
• $50 million for Cross Agency Support
• $200 million for National Science Foundation
• $100 million for science
• $1 billion for Energy Loan Guarantees
• $4.5 billion for General Services Administration
• $89 million General Services Administration operations
• $50 million from Department of Homeland Security
• $200 million Transportation Security Administration
• $122 million for Coast Guard Cutters, modifies use
• $25 million for Fish and Wildlife
• $55 million for historic preservation
• $20 million for working capital fund
• $165 million for Forest Service capital improvement
• $90 million for State and Private Wildlife Fire Management
• $1 billion for Head Start/Early Start
• $5.8 billion for Health Prevention Activity
• $2 billion for Health Information Technology Grants
• $600 million for Title I (No Child Left Behind)
• $16 billion for school construction
• $3.5 billion for higher education construction
• $1.25 billion for project based rental
• $2.25 billion for Neighborhood Stabilization
• $1.2 billion for retrofitting Project 8 housing
• $40 billion for state fiscal stabilization (includes $7.5 billion of state incentive grants)
Of course I can see that education definitely needed to be cut because after all we all need our children going to public schools that are still outdated. But even more to the point, these cuts were job cuts (I believe the republicans and the blue dog democrats manage to cut out at least 600,000 for the next two years of jobs not being created). We needed those tax cuts of course. It could not be about moving the money into areas that created jobs, no. It had to be about job cuts.
Sorry its time the American people stop believing that a bunch of senate jackals will ever have us in mind when writing bills. Time to start setting dates, drawing protest boards, catching the bus and taking our voices into their face.